As we look forward to the new year, it’s also important to reflect on the most important themes from 2022. Once again, our team helped organizations around the world find new uses for integrated data, discovered even more ways to avoid the pitfalls of bad data, and set their sights on the future of enterprise system integration. Here’s a look back at Geonexus content that encapsulates these themes:
Looking to the Future
In the utility industry, 2022 found organizations focused on streamlining processes and modernizing the technology that supports these processes. Driving change through the power of integrated data was a huge theme for these organizations, and we’ve highlighted a few more themes we discovered through our conversations throughout 2022:
Empowering Evolution: Geonexus and the Path to Multipoint Integration (Featuring Founder and CEO Skip Heise)
- There’s no other way to put it: multipoint integration is the future of enterprise asset management. Having the ability to connect multiple systems together reduces the chance of accumulating bad data and makes it far easier to keep data up to date. This blog featuring insights from Geonexus founder and CEO Skip Heise investigates what multipoint integration is capable of now and where it’s headed in the future.
Healthy Habits: How to Maintain and Integration Correctly
- Setting up an integration correctly is no small task and keeping it running properly is necessary to ensure that work doesn’t go to waste. As system integration has become an increasingly important part of many utilities’ workflows, knowing how to keep those integrations healthy has become invaluable. This blog explains how your organization can manage your integration correctly and ensure the health and accuracy of your data in the long run.
Simplifying GIS-HxGN EAM Integration White Paper
- Our newest white paper is our deepest dive yet into everything that makes the Geonexus Integration Platform the best choice for organizations looking for a commercial off-the-shelf integration solution. Utilities all over the world are breaking down the barriers between systems, and this white paper includes overviews of all the features that make the Geonexus Integration Platform the best choice for breaking those barriers.
Avoiding Bad Data
This should be a focus of every utility every single year, and 2022 was no exception. As the industry continues to innovate in data collection, management, and use, avoiding bad data is more important than ever. Integrating enterprise systems is an extremely effective way to avoid bad data, and solutions like the Geonexus Integration Platform are specifically built for the task. These two blogs showcase a few specific examples:
Asset Swap: How to Manage Rotating Assets Using the Geonexus Integration Platform
- No utility should be satisfied with any amount of bad data, especially when it hinders workflows and causes expensive problems. Performing asset swaps is notorious for being a sneaky cause of bad data, and this blog explains why and how the Geonexus Integration Platform avoids common asset swap errors.
Three Telltale Signs of a Poor System Integration
- If your integration solution isn’t doing what it was designed to do, it’s probably doing more harm than good. Broken or misconfigured integrations can cause problems with data synchronization, duplication, and even accidental deletion – all of which can cripple any utility’s data management efforts. This blog reveals how to diagnose a bad integration and what can be done to fix it.
Using Integrated Data in New Ways
This year, it became crystal clear that integrated data can enhance the workflows of more than GIS or IT professionals. Field users and other utility employees all see the benefits of system integration in more ways than you might expect. Take a look at these pieces of content to see how integrated data might enhance your own workflow:
How System Integration Benefits the Entire Organization
- The utility industry is no stranger to finding new ways to make common workflows more efficient. Recently, system integration has emerged as an effective way to speed up and simplify asset management processes across teams. This blog highlights how the Geonexus Integration Platform can enable new workflows, save time in the field, and create more budget flexibility for utilities.
Integrations in Action: Empowering a Mobile Workforce and the Path to Tracking and Traceability Webinar
- The benefits of system integration for GIS editors have been well-documented, but what about its usefulness in the field? Peoples Natural Gas uses integrated data in myriad workflows, including the collection of PHSMA Tracking and Traceability data in field operations. This webinar covers their shift from manual collection, editing, and posting of GIS data to automating most of the process using the Geonexus Integration Platform.
What Comes Next?
As mentioned above, we have our sights set on the future of enterprise system integration. We’re hard at work adding new features to the Geonexus Integration Platform, some of which are launching soon! Keep an eye on our social channels and website so you don’t miss any updates, webinars, customer case studies, helpful integration tips, or analyses of industry trends. Cheers to 2023!